Wednesday 13 October 2010

Where does the time go?

I can't believe how quickly time has flown. Since The Woman Before Me came out in August I seem to have been in this whirlwind of activity - and I totally love it! It must be all those hours/days/years cooped up writing that have suddenly made me a bit loopy for interaction.
And I have been sooo lucky. The book signings have been a joy - some really memorable people, sharing their stories. Like the young mum who bought my book and read it in just one night, having never finished a novel before. And the woman who had come out of prison just the day before. So many generous people...
The readings are also a real eye-opener. Like the event in a rural cow shed (re-furbished, I hasten to add) on a foggy Monday night, when everyone bought 2 books each. I drove home (carefully - fog lights on) with a big smile on my face.
Yes, so far I love the publicity side of writing.
So, I've updated my events list. Hope to see you in a cow shed sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment